Singing bowls are an investment in your mental and physical health and for the best long term results, they should be respected as such.
In order to ensure that your singing bowl continues to produce a beautiful sound and lasts for many years to come, follow these 5 simple steps to care for your singing bowl.
- Keep your singing bowl clean. After each use, wipe the bowl with a dry or slightly damp cloth to remove any dust or debris. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials to clean your singing bowl, as they can damage the surface of the bowl.
- Store your singing bowl properly to avoid any damage. Store your singing bowl in a dry place, away from direct sunlight, and extreme temperatures. Avoid stacking other heavy objects on top of your singing bowl, as this can cause damage.
- Protect your singing bowl from scratches. When not in use, it's also important to protect your singing bowl from scratches and dings by wrapping it in a soft cloth or placing it in a protective carrying case.
- Be mindful of how you play it. Avoid striking the bowl too hard or too often in the same spot, as this can cause damage to the bowl's surface. If you notice any cracks or damage to your bowl, it's best to stop using it immediately and get it professionally inspected.
- Avoid extremes in temperature and humidity. It's also important to note that singing bowls can be affected by changes in temperature and humidity. If you notice that the sound of your singing bowl has changed, it could be due to changes in the weather or room temperature. If this happens, you can try to adjust the temperature or humidity in the room to bring it back to its original sound.
By following these 5 simple steps, you will be able to gain the most benefit from your singing bowl for years to come.