The 7-card Tarot Horseshoe spread is a versatile spread that can provide insights into various areas of life.
The Horseshoe spread is often used when more in depth answers are needed but one does not want to perform a more complicated spread such as the Celtic Cross Spread.
In this spread, the cards are laid in a horseshoe pattern with card #4 as the middle card (see image below).
The Meanings of the card placements:
- The first card represents the past - What is the root cause of my current situation or challenge?
- The second card represents the present - What factors are contributing to my situation, and how do they relate to one another?
- The third card represents hidden influences - What are the unseen factors that may be impacting the situation or problem?
- The fourth card represents obstacles and challenges - What challenges or obstacles should I be aware of?
- The fifth card represents the potential - What is the best possible outcome?
- The sixth card represents the advice - What guidance or advice is being offered?
- The seventh card represents- the likely outcome - What is the most likely outcome if the current situation continues unchanged?
Overall, the Horseshoe spread is well-suited to answering complex questions that require a comprehensive analysis of the situation. It can provide insight into the underlying causes of a problem, identify potential challenges and opportunities, and offer guidance on how to navigate the situation to achieve a favorable outcome.
As with most things, there are various other forms and interpretations of the different Tarot spreads and none of them are inherently superior/inferior. Try a few and see which ones you like best.
Looking for Tarot cards? You can shop Tarot Cards and Oracle Decks here.
Leave us a comment to let us know what your favourite tarot spreads are or which others you would like to learn about!